EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYEMENT
It is the policy of Lenoir County ABC Board to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated or other covered veteran, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Current Positions Available
Lenoir County ABC Board is seeking motivated individuals to fill part-time Associate positions.
A sales associate works under the direction of the ABC Store Manager. Once duties are learned, the associate should be competent to work on his own with minimal supervision.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: It is preferable that a sales associate be a high school graduate or possess a high school equivalency (GED) certificate.
DUTIES for sales associate include, but are not limited to, the following and as determined by the Board or General Manager::
- Sells to the customer by ringing merchandise at the computer and bagging the product;
- Offers assistance to shoppers in locating product or with product information;
- Enforces laws and regulations regarding the sale to minors, intoxicated persons, and quantity limitations;
- Stocks shelves and assists with at least weekly inventories, or additional if mandated by the store manager;
- Makes sure shelves have updated prices;
- Helps with the receipt of shipment from the central warehouse and product transfers to other stores;
- Balances cash and credit card sales and posts to appropriate forms; also, handles deposit when the manager is not present;
- If applicable, assists with the processing of mixed beverage orders and pickup of same;
- Is knowledgeable of store machinery and equipment;
- Maintains accurate daily time sheet and submits same to administrative office as required for prompt execution of payroll;
- Remains alert and attentive in order to provide store security, both in areas of inventory control and crime prevention;
- Assumes responsibility for janitorial duties at store level including dusting merchandise and shelves, vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, waxing and buffing floors, cleaning bathrooms, windows and doors, emptying trash, and maintaining clean parking lot;
- A sales associate must be competent to handle responsibility and follow supervision by the Store Manager. He must be accurate and responsible in handling cash and credit card sales and also in operating sales equipment. He must also be physically able to perform heavy lifting, bending, and stooping.
- REPORTING DUTIES: The Sales Associate reports directly to the Store Manager.
The candidate chosen should have excellent customer service skills, be a team player, be able to lift 50 pounds on a regular basis, have reliable transportation, be effective or willing to learn how to operate a cash register, understand retail, how to keep shelves stocked neat and clean and must be at least 21 years of age. The eligible candidate should be able to work any time. Hours of operation are 10-9.
Applications Should be Returned to:
110 South Herritage Street
Kinston, N.C. 28501